Mystery of Tibetan Dzi Stone Beads

The Dzi bead the world’s most powerful talisman

Dzi Beads, Pronounced Zee, are perhaps one of the most powerful, expensive, and sought after of all talismans. 
Dzi beads have been known to sell for as much as several million dollars. 
To many Tibetans, the Dzi are sacred heirlooms; the beads will often be passed from generation to generation.

The legend of the Dzi and the purpose of the bead varies with each one. Some of the legends say that Dzi are the droppings of the Garuda, while others say they are gifts from the Gods and only those with pure Karma will ever find them. 

The Dzi received its modern day fame when a Chinese business man was the only one to survive a major plane crash. 
He attributed it all to his Dzi. The renewed interest in Dzi has also caused a tremendous influx of forgeries and chicaneries.
The Dzi is often made of agate, a highly resonant stone with a strong natural magnetic field. 
The Dzi also has a hardness of 7 to 8.5 on the Moh’s hardness scale. 
The Dzi were originally thought to be etched, but this has since been dis-proven; with the exception of forgeries. 
The Dzi’s construction is actually done through a chemical and heating process that many have thought was lost with the Tibetans long ago. 
This is combined with several monks chanting around the flames, to help bring out the power of the stone. 
Unlike traditional jewelry smithing where you never want to heat the gem because it will crack or scale; the Dzi bead becomes more valued when it is scaled. 
This effect or appearance is called the dragon scale. The scaling is believed to make the bead more powerful.
Meanings of the beads, Beads have several different symbols
The Eye

The eye is actually a circle on the bead, the number of circles and arrangement change the power and function of the bead.

§  11 eyed bead, eradicates evil, reduces stress, and improves wisdom and protects the wearer.

§  10 eyed bead, aids in positive career and relationship development.

§  9 eyed bead, or mystic bead endows wealth, health, success, power, and protection

§  8 eyed bead, ensures safety and protection to the wearer

§  7 eyed bead, promotes health, success, wealth and longevity

§  6 eyed bead, eliminates suffering and embodies the 6 realms in Buddhism.

§  5 eyed bead, thunder and lightning bead that eliminates ignorance, as well as attract wisdom and good blessings.

§  4 eyed bead, promotes wealth, good luck, and protects.

§  3 eyed bead, known as the wealth bead, promotes good fortune to the fullest.

§  2 eyed bead, ensures happy family, and domestic life.

§  1 eyed bead, promotes safety and removes obstacles.

There are many more types and symbols for the Dzi beads. 
Each bead has a different meaning, some bear swastikas, S shapes, squares, and others may be carved or come in different materials.
When I acquired my Dzi-bead it was at an antique store. 
I had spent the day wandering the antique stores in my area looking for anything of interest. 
It was not until my last stop that I accidentally came upon what I now know as a Dzi bead.
I was looking in the glass case at an interesting hand painted Italian tile.
 As I looked at it I felt an odd vibration by my head; it was a very strong energy. 
I looked up in the general direction it emanated. I found nothing. So I did what came naturally and felt the energy. 
The bead was hanging on a string in the corner of the display case behind the framework. 
It was completely out of sight.
I was ecstatic, it was something small, old, and powerful. 
This is the whole reason why I came out to the antique stores. 
I quickly rushed over to the clerk and asked her to take the bead out for me. 
She looked at me perplexed because I had to point out its location, but when she found it she too was instantly enamored by it. 

The woman continued to say “I wish I knew it was there I would’ve boughten (yes she did say boughten) it”. 
Happy with my new purchase I put it around my neck, and instantly I felt a surge of power and healthful energy.
As if it were not enough that bead showed itself to me, that night I had a dream about the beads origin. 
In the dream a Tibetan monk had given the stone to a priest. 
The monk had hand woven the bead’s tie out of silk. 
The priest in turn gave the necklace to a friend who in turn decided to sell it. 
I awoke quite intrigued by my dream, and early in the morning i began researching Tibetan beads. 
It was then that I learned of the bead’s true nature as a Dzi.
However since this time I have come into contact with several more beads. 

I am offering one of my last beads a Heaven and Earth design as pictured below; to you one of my deserving readers.


Now since I only have one to give right now I am going to hold a contest of sorts. 

To receive the bead, you must tell me why you feel you are deserving of the bead. The person with the most worthy story will be mailed the bead. 
_______________________________________________________________________
2 Eyes DZI Bead Original
Very Old Mystery Power Amulet 
2 Eyes DZI Bead.
Size : About 28mm x 10mm
Weight: 4.4g
Age: 1000 years old +
Import from: Tibet

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SRI MAHA MERU YANTRA BENEFITS

LABRADORITE GEMSTONE BENEFITS: